Friday, October 1, 2010
Fall Love Tree Card Tutorial
Hello Everyone, I belong to a message board at a wonderful paper company called PaperWishes. We are having a blog hop starting tomorrow for National Cardmaking Day. Here is my project for it. There will be another post today about the hop but I dont' really know how to combine them into one. Happy Cardmaking!
Love Tree Fall Card
From Paper Wishes:
1 4 ¾ X 6 ½ inch white card with envelope
fall leaf paper, fall striped paper and Green tag from Autumn Backgrounds book
Celebrate word from Cardmakers Christmas Ultimate Pack
Love Tree Small Stamp
2 Gold Swirl Corners from Christmas Ornament Dazzles
Black and Gold Staz-on ink
Clear embossing powder
Small piece mustard colored cardstock
Orange stamp pad and small sponge
2- 6 inch pieces of sheer ribbon(I used green and burgundy)
Stickles Glitter Glue in Crystal and Gold
1.Cut leaf paper to fit front of card. Take gold staz-on and rub on all edges of the paper to give a gold edge. Glue the leaf paper to front of card.
2. Take love tree stamp and stamp on mustard cardstock with black staz-on ink. Sprinkle with clear embossing powder, shake off excess and heat till raised.
3. Take sponge, dab in orange ink and sponge on to branches of trees to give the impression of leaves. Take the orange markers and color in the hearts on the tree if you wish.
4. Cut out rectangle around tree with it centered aprox. 2 ¼ inches by 2 ½ inches. Run the edges through the gold staz-on ink. Glue on front of card about 1/3 of the way up.
5. Cut a 1 inch strip of the striped paper and glue it about an inch below the tree.
6 Cut out the green tag plus the celebrate word and glue the word on the green tag. Punch the hole of the tag where pictured and thread the 2 pieces of ribbon through it and tie. Glue the tag to the striped paper centered on it and the card.
7. Take the 2 gold swirls from the ornament dazzles sheet and put them in the top 2 corners.
8. Take the gold stickles and put four large dots on the corners of the tree square. Next outline the green tag following the line carefully. Take the crystal Stickles and swirl and dot in the branches and leaves of the tree. Let dry fully and your card is ready to send.
Posted by rgcarr at 2:28:00 AM